Escape Velocity has a strict zero-tolerance policy on harassment. Comments, language or behavior that create a hostile environment — those reasonably expected to make our guests, volunteers, or staff members feel uncomfortable, unwanted, and/or unsafe, including without limitation aggressive behavior, sexual advances or comments, abusive or derogatory language, discrimination, and verbal or physical assault — will be met with strict disciplinary action, including removal from the environment.
Remember: cosplay is not consent. Even digital cosplay counts. The Museum is a safe space for self-expression for all our attendees. We are aware that cosplayer harassment has taken place at other events, and all of our volunteers have been trained to ensure that such behavior is not tolerated at any Museum-hosted or Museum-sponsored event.
If you are a victim of harassment or see another person (guest or staff) harassed, please contact our security team immediately. And if you believe a Museum volunteer or staff member has treated you unfairly, please contact email@example.com
Mutual respect establishes a foundation for free-spiritedness and fun. With your help, everyone at Escape Velocity can have a good time.
TICKET AND ATTENDANCE POLICIES
- All attendees and guests must have an Escape Velocity 2017 badge or wristband to gain entry to the exhibit floor, panel rooms, and special activities.
- By entering the conference venue and attending Escape Velocity (the “Event”), you understand and agree that your image and likeness may be captured in photographs and/or videography and consent to the use of your image and likeness by The Museum of Science Fiction and Escape Velocity. You irrevocably grant The Museum of Science Fiction and Escape Velocity and their parent(s), subsidiary and affiliate companies and their respective licensees, directors, employees, officers, successors, assigns, agents and those for whom they are acting, my consent and the absolute, unrestricted right and permission to: (i) record and tape your performance, appearance, interview, or digital communications/content displayed by you on social networking and/or messaging-type services (individually and collectively referred to as “Appearance”) made or created in connection with the Event, and (ii) copyright, record, reproduce, broadcast, distribute, edit, publish, exhibit, disseminate, couple and use in any way throughout the universe and in perpetuity, the audio and/or visual portions of any videotape, film, pictures, negatives, prints, photographs, stills or other recordings of your Appearance, and any reproduction thereof, including the right to publish and perform master recordings featuring your voice for use through any medium or media now known or hereafter devised, for advertising, publicity, promotion, trade, programming or any other lawful purpose whatsoever related thereto. You further grant The Museum of Science Fiction and Escape Velocity the right to use your name, likeness, and/or biography, taken from your Appearance or otherwise, in promotional materials of any kind in connection with the Event, or for any other purpose. The foregoing rights and permissions shall be exercisable in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of The Museum of Science Fiction and/or Escape Velocity. You agree that The Museum and Science Fiction and Escape Velocity are the sole owners of the results and proceeds of the Appearance and you waive any interest you may have in and to the copyright in connection therewith. You agree to waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve any finished product, derivatives thereof, or any other subsequent uses made of the your Appearance or the Event. You acknowledge that The Museum of Science Fiction and Escape Velocity are not signatories to any union, guild, or collective bargaining agreement that governs this Event or your Appearance and that no payments by The Museum of Science Fiction and/or Escape Velocity are due or will be due to you or to any third party, including unions or guilds, resulting from your performance, appearance or interview in connection with the Event or your Appearance.
- If you have questions or concerns, please reach out via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This website is free to you and you agree that you have no right to access it. Access may be terminated at any time for any reason. Any charges that you may incur as a result of using this website are your responsibility.
COPYRIGHT AND LINKS
- You agree to not scrape content from this website. You have fair use rights under law. We welcome links to our website that are not deceptive or criminal. You agree not to copy an entire exhibit, article, or image. You agree not to utilize our content deceptively, for example, you agree to not utilize our content in a manner that makes it appear to be yours, or to link to our content so that our content displays on your website or service without attribution.
- You agree to not impair the functioning of this website.
- This website contains links to other websites. Such links are provided as a service to visitors and are not sponsored or affiliated with this website or Escape Velocity. Escape Velocity is not responsible for the content or functionality of those websites.
- Items for sale on this website are not manufactured by Escape Velocity. Escape Velocity disclaims any warranty of merchantability, express or implied.
- If you have any dispute concerning items sold through this website, you agree that such disputes will be governed by the laws of Virginia and the applicable federal laws of the United States.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Escape Velocity and its affiliates, and its and their directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees related to or arising from any act of negligence or other harm resulting from your purchase of items for sale on this website.