How to Use this Kit
We are so glad you are going to be able to join us at Escape Velocity and be a part of the experience! In order to make this the most successful, impactful event possible, we need your help to share information about the show to your network. We will continue to add to this page with additional ideas for social outreach, so check back regularly!
Below is the latest information on guests, programming, and events during Escape Velocity 2016. We need your help to get the word out about the show and make sure we have a full house for our first major event. A successful Escape Velocity is the first step towards making the Museum of Science Fiction happen, so read below to see how you can help us reach the widest audience possible over the next three weeks.
Step One: Find Programs You’re Excited About!
The Escape Velocity website is the main source of information on the schedule and programming for the show.
- Main Schedule: http://escapevelocity.events/show-schedule/
- Panels & Programming: http://escapevelocity.events/programs/
- Evening Events: http://escapevelocity.events/evening-events/
Social Media Channels
Key Programming & Events
- Rod Roddenberry/Adam Nimoy – As the newly named Executive Producer to the Star Trek television production debuting next year, Rod will speak about his father’s legacy as the series celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, as well as his work as president of the Roddenberry Foundation. Adam Nimoy, son of Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr. Spock on Star Trek, is also coming to discuss his father’s legacy and his new documentary film, For the Love of Spock, due to be released this summer to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, which first aired on September 8, 1966.
- Science & Pop Culture Panels – Over sixty panel discussions and presentations will feature sci-fi authors, celebrities, astronauts, and other notable figures talking about a variety of science and pop culture topics, from the science of Star Wars to real-world plans to colonize the solar system. The webpage above has links to each individual panel, so please share the ones you find most exciting!
- 501st Legion – The Legion is an all-volunteer organization formed for the express purpose of bringing together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity within which to operate. The Legion seeks to promote interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes, and to facilitate the use of these costumes for Star Wars-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work. The 501st will appear and be available for photos throughout Escape Velocity 2016.
- Scifi Burlesque – Our Sci-Fi Burlesque show will feature area cosplayers performing their sexiest routines on Saturday night.
- Numerous Guest Speakers, including Rod Roddenberry, Adam Nimoy, Farscape star Gigi Edgley, Star Trek producer Dan Curry, commercial astronaut & Mars One candidate Kellie Gerardi, and others!
- Starship Horizons Bridge Simulator – Starship Horizons is a multi-player experience allowing 2-6 players to work together as Bridge Officers. The core gameplay experience is designed around players commanding their own Starship as the bridge officers in the roles of Captain, Flight, Tactical, Science, Operations, and Engineering.
- Have Space Suit – Will Travel – The Heinlein Trust will have real spacesuits on display for EV attendees to examine and wear.
- FPV Drone Racing – Rugged Sky Media and QSFPV have teamed up with the folks at Escape Velocity to bring the region an epic FPV Racing Event at the Gaylord Convention Center this summer. 3 days of scifi and drones and racing to help benefit the new scifi museum.
Step Two: Share the Event on Social Media!
Share the following link to register for the event: http://bit.ly/24uBsgY
Use the Conference Hashtag – #EV2016
Sample Social Media Content
Prior to the conference, we want to get attendees excited about what’s coming up, and potentially entice new attendees to join. Help us get people excited by telling them that you are speaking on at the conference, what you are most interested in learning about, and what kinds of things are going to be happening. Below are a few sample tweets, you can use any of the links above or
I am speaking at the @museum_scifi Escape Velocity in DC! Join us: http://bit.ly/24uBsgY #EV2016
Curious about science fiction and fact in “The Martian”? Learn more at #EV2016 http://bit.ly/1t3x1xS
Hear @RodRoddenberry & @adam_nimoy speak about the legacies and future of #StarTrek. http://bit.ly/1Ob99lK #EV2016
Geeks unite! Escape Velocity has over 60 panels on science fiction and science fact – join us! #EV2016 http://bit.ly/1PC7jej